Missed The Disciples' Night Last Month?
Disciples' Night Info
s a b b a t h w/ Peter Herbeck
In the busyness of life, we often treat Sunday just like any other day of the week. Instead, we should be receiving the gift God gave us in the Sabbath. Living the sabbath is not about doing nothing...it is about sitting at the feet of Jesus to receive the gift He has for you which is His perfect love. Join us for a teaching by Peter Herbeck on the importance of reclaiming the Sabbath and testimony on practicing a counter cultural act of resistance through holy rest. Our prayer for you is that this will help you treasure Jesus more as you increasingly learn to trust Him in your rest.
Peter Herbeck is the Executive Vice President and Director of Missions for Renewal Ministries. For more than thirty years, he has been actively involved in evangelization and Catholic renewal throughout the US, Canada, Asia, Africa and Eastern Europe. Peter is the co-host of the weekly television show, The Choices We Face. He hosts the daily radio show Fire on the Earth. He is a frequent conference speaker, has authored When the Spirit Comes in Power, When the Spirit Speaks, and numerous booklets, and is a frequent contributor to Renewal Ministries’ popular YouTube channel. Peter and his wife, Debbie, have four children and nine grandchildren, and reside in Ann Arbor, Michigan.
Question 1: St. Augustine said, "our hearts are restless until they rest in you, O Lord." Ask yourself, Do I have a restless heart?
Question 2: Read Matthew 11:29-30 and ask yourself, "Am I living my life the way Jesus envisioned for me?"
Question 3: Take a look at your life and ask yourself, why am I busy? Consider these six lies of busyness that are prevalent in our culture, which one sticks out to you?
1. I'm busy because I need to prove myself
2. I'm busy because of other people's expectations
3. I'm busy because otherwise, things get out of control
4. I'm busy because I prefer being under pressure
5. I'm busy because I need money
6. I'm busy because I want to make the most of life
Question 4: Now consider these six truths of rest that lead us to a heart willing to rest in Jesus. Which one resonates with you?
1. We can rest because we are accepted by God, and don't need to prove ourselves.
2. We can rest because Jesus has met God's expectations for us.
3. We can rest because Jesus is in full control.
4. We can rest because Jesus is our safe refuge in all circumstances.
5. We can rest because through Jesus, God has gifted us everything we need.
6. We can rest because through Jesus, we can have life and life to the full.
Sign up with your email address to receive news and updates.